Prepare Yourself: Educate Yourself
Learn about child safety through an excellent on-line program:
- Stewards of Children: www.d2l.org (on-line, evaluated)
Getting Started: Talk About It
• Start communication at an early age.
• Explain that personal body safety is part of keeping safe and healthy.
• Keep the talks informal, talks as openly as you would about road safety.
• Don’t rely on one discussion – children need repetition to learn.
• Use simple language but correct terms for body parts.
Worried about a child? Not sure what to do?
Call Wesley’s World partner Child Wise Nation Child Abuse Prevention Helpline
The Child Wise Nation Child Abuse Prevention Helpline is a toll free, community- funded number providing Australians with access to expert advice from trained councillors and opportunity to speak up about child abuse.
Child Wise Nation Child Abuse Prevention Helpline
Call: (Australia) 1800 991 099 or
Email: [email protected]
The helpline is available from Monday to Friday.
If assistance is needed outside these hours or in case of emergency Child Wise recommends contacting the following services: