Prepare Yourself: Educate Yourself
Learn about child safety through an excellent on-line program:
- Stewards of Children: www.d2l.org (on-line, evaluated)
Getting Started: Talk About It
• Start communication at an early age.
• Explain that personal body safety is part of keeping safe and healthy.
• Keep the talks informal, talks as openly as you would about road safety.
• Don’t rely on one discussion – children need repetition to learn.
• Use simple language but correct terms for body parts.
Worried about a child? Not sure what to do?
Call Wesley’s World partner Child Wise Nation Child Abuse Prevention Helpline
The Child Wise Nation Child Abuse Prevention Helpline is a toll free, community- funded number providing Australians with access to expert advice from trained councillors and opportunity to speak up about child abuse.
Child Wise Nation Child Abuse Prevention Helpline
Call: (Australia) 1800 991 099 or
The helpline is available from Monday to Friday.
If assistance is needed outside these hours or in case of emergency Child Wise recommends contacting the following services: